Cheerful hospitality in the romantic Taubervalley
The country inn Schwarzes Lamm, the oldest and most famous restaurant in the place, has a big tradition. During the Thirty Years War in 1634 it served for instance as a headquaters of the commander Count Piccolomini.
The inn Schwarzes Lamm, for generations in possession of the family Friedle, has since then changed from a modest lodging into a modern inn combining tradition and modern comfort in a most successful manner and is offering peace and rest to all its guests.
The old imperial village Detwang is located only a few minutes away from Rothenburg ob der Tauber which has widely a name of itself because of its fantastic urban development. Detwang, however, located in the idyllic valley of the river Tauber, is not taking second place at all regarding its historical-cultural importance. Even in the eighth century it was mentioned in a document and is therefore one of the oldest settlements in this area. In 968 the small romanesque chruch St. Peter and Paul was consecrated and is housing a worth seeing treasure, an altar of the famous mastersculptur Tilman Riemenschneider of 1508.